Weston-super-Mare (Second Section), 16th May 2010
|I Played At This Contest|
|Weston-super-Mare (Championship & First Section) 2010||Weston-super-Mare (Third Section) 2010|
|Previous Event||Next Event|
|2||Blaenavon Town||Andrew Protherough Jones||The Aeronauts||189|
|3||Forest of Dean||Jack Smith||Purcell Variations [Downie]||188|
|4||Bristol East and Kingswood||Dan Jones||Variations on Laudate Dominum|
|5||City of Bristol||Ceri Thomas||Fantasy for Brass Band [Arnold]|
|6||Crosskeys Silver||Kerry Bowden||Chorale|
|Previous Event||Next Event|
|2009||1st||Clive Lewis||Triumphant Rhapsody|
|2009||6th||Lyndon Price||Music for the Common Man|
|2008 (Third Section)||1st||Lyndon Price||The Dark Side of the Moon|
|2007 (Third Section)||1st||Gareth Ritter||Dimensions|
|2006 (Third Section)||4th||Alun Hathaway|
|2001 (Third Section)||2nd||Bryn Davies|
Forest of Dean
|2009||5th||Jackie Gwynne||Kaleidoscope [Sparke]|
|2008||1st||Jackie Gwynne||Tallis Variations|
|2007 (Championship & First Section)||6th||Jackie Gwynne|
|2006 (Championship & First Section)||7th||Jackie Gwynne||Rhapsody in Brass|
Bristol East and Kingswood
Not competed at this contest before. Conductor at this contest is Dan Jones.
|None in last 10 years|
City of Bristol
|2009||2nd||Ceri Thomas||Royal Parks|
|2005 (Championship & First Section)||2nd||Andrew Jones||Connotations|
|2004 (Championship & First Section)||5th||Unknown, do you know?||Variations for Brass Band|
|2003 (Championship & First Section)||4th||Bryn James||Prisms|
|2002 (Championship & First Section)||3rd||Bryn James||Journey into Freedom|
|2001||1st||Bryn James||The Plantagenets|
- 14th Mar 2010: 6th - West of England Area (Second Section), conductor Ceri Thomas.
- 7th Feb 2010: 2nd - GBBA Entertainments Contest (Open), conductor Ceri Thomas.
- 22nd Nov 2009: 1st - GBBA Own Choice (Section B), conductor Ceri Thomas.
- 22nd Nov 2009: 1st - GBBA March (Section B), conductor Ceri Thomas.
- 7th Nov 2009: 1st - SWBBA Contest (Second Section), conductor Ceri Thomas.
|2009 (Third Section)||1st||Kerry Bowden||Music for a Festival|
|2008 (Fourth Section)||6th||Kerry Bowden||Kaleidoscope [Sparke]|
|2007 (Fourth Section)||5th||Kerry Bowden|
|2006 (Fourth Section)||3rd||Kerry Bowden|
- 20th Mar 2010: 8th - Welsh Area (Second Section), conductor Kerry Bowden.
- 24th Oct 2009: 11th - Pontins (Third Section), conductor Kerry Bowden.
- 10th Oct 2009: 3rd - WWBBA (Burry Port) Contest (Second Section), conductor Kerry Bowden.
- 20th Sep 2009: 8th - Wychavon Contest (Third Section), conductor Kerry Bowden.
|2008 (Third Section)||7th||Dean Evans||Renaissance|
|2004||1st||Alan Gibbs||Triptych [Sparke]|
|2003 (Third Section)||Unknown Result|
|2001 (Third Section)||3rd||Alan Gibbs|
More details and a map are available for this contest
|Cinderford||38.7 mi / 62.2 km|
|Forest of Dean||34.4 mi / 55.3 km|
|Blaenavon Town||29.4 mi / 47.3 km|
|Ynyshir||26.9 mi / 43.3 km|
|Bristol East and Kingswood||20.9 mi / 33.7 km|
|Crosskeys Silver||19.8 mi / 31.9 km|
|City of Bristol||18.8 mi / 30.2 km|
Average distance: 27.0 mi / 43.4 km
Pictures automatically sourced from flickr.